Whether you are a retailer, a trader or a caterer, you face the challenges of handing massive amount of day-to-day paper transactions, and simplifying communication with trading partners to respond quickly and effectively to market demands, therefore, GS1 has developed ezTRADE which connects through the EDI Solution platform.
ezTRADE is an EDI-based B2B e-commerce platform that facilitates paperless trading and the exchange of electronic orders, invoices and shipment notices among trading parties, enabling enterprises to achieve greater efficiency.
Since the inception of ezTRADE in 1995, about 2,000 companies in Hong Kong and China, across retail and FMCG, cosmetics, healthcare to food and food services industries, are connected through the EDI Solution platform, with around 20 million EDI transactions being processed annually.
Enhancing Speed and Accuracy
- Reducing the order-to-cash cycle time as the normal excessive quantity of documents in this process are transmitted electronically
- Improving data quality as electronic transmission highly reduces manual errors.
- Enhancing the invoice settlement efficiency and transparency as invoice matching results could be shared with trading partners in a prompt manner for subsequent remedial actions
- Electronic invoice and advanced shipment notice processing costs are 33%-37% and 60%-65% lower than manual ones respectively
- Accelerating cash flow through reduction in inventory costs and out-of-stock items, and improving revenue collection process
Providing Better Customer Services
- Achieving higher delivery rates and just-in-time fulfilment
- Enhancing customer relationships by rapidly responding to customer demands and increasing products/services' speed to market
To meet industries’ ever changing needs and growing demands, GS1 has been working with the ezTRADE end-users’ committee striving to enhance ezTRADE features and functions. These include expanding the service scope, the service level such as system availability and service supporting hours.
- Purchase Order
- Purchase Order Response
- Purchase Order Change
- Remittance Advice
- Sales and Inventory Data Report
- Despatch Advice (Advance Shipment Notice)
All messages delivered by ezTRADE are defined based on the international GS1 EANCOM® / EDIFACT standard to enable automatic processing of information by different computer systems. ezTRADE runs on a secure global network and the internet which provides Hong Kong companies with connections not only to local trading partners, but also to overseas customers and suppliers.
Committed to serving local enterprises with global standards and professional technical support, GS1 Hong Kong offers two subscription options of EDI solution for ezTRADE users:
- Gateway solution – For companies which have frequent order transactions or with the plan to enable system-to-system communication and data process integration between trading partners. This Gateway Solution is best suited to fully automate the document transaction processes.
Web-based ezTRADE – For companies which do not want to involve themselves with additional set-up costs or special technical skills to conduct EDI transactions. The best fit option for SMEs and a majority of web-based users is this web-based ezTRADE solution
ezTRADE mobile – friendly version and mobile application – Web-based Users are able to access ezTRADE via mobile devices with a native ezTRADE mobile app for greater convenience,
“ezTRADE™ has greatly improved the efficiency and reliability of our…
“We now enjoy the reduction of administrative work and speeding up in supply chain…